CFD Battles Fire On Old Country Club Road


The Chadron Fire Department responded to a grease fire at a home on Old Country Club Road late Thursday afternoon.

Crews witnessed heavy smoke coming from the residence upon arrival, but Chadron Assistant Fire Chief Pat O’Brien gave credit to the occupants of the home for containing the fire to its origin, the kitchen, by closing doors to the room while exiting the structure.

No injuries were reported.

The fire did breach the ceiling and holes were cut to attack the blaze, but O’Brien said it was a rather quick knock down of the fire. In total, a crew of 6 trucks and 22 firefighters spent about two and half hours on scene.

Property damage estimations are not known at this time.