Eagle Chevrolet Buick in Chadron is currently accepting applications for an Automotive Technician to join our successful automotive service team. The automobile technician must have multiple technical skillsets, since they deal with computer systems regularly.
Full Time Position:
Working hours are:
8 am to 5 pm – 1 Hour Lunch – Monday through Friday.
8 am to 12 pm – Noon – every other Saturday
To repair customer vehicles applying workmanship, quality of excellent standards while exercising effective time utilization for maximum productivity. As with all positions within dealerships, Service Technicians are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards
- Reports to Dispatcher to obtain designated daily work
- Accepts work only from Dispatcher
- Reviews repair orders with Dispatcher when job is assigned and when completed
- Road tests vehicles when required to confirm problems
- Exercises precaution to ensure cleanliness of customer vehicles; i.e., floor mats, Fender covers, seat covers, etc.
- Submits hard copy of work order to Parts Department to obtain authorized parts
- Notifies Dispatcher and Service Consultants of additional work requiring Authorization
- Completes all assigned work
- Returns each work order to Dispatcher immediately upon job completion
- Returns any incomplete work orders to Dispatcher at days end
- Follows manufacturer’s warranty policies and procedures in all warranty work
- Reviews all manufacturer service bulletins
- Ensures all special tools/equipment are/is maintained in proper working condition
- Provides service consultants with necessary parts and labor estimates using Additional work sheet provided
- Drives customers vehicles for road test purposes only
- Perform other related duties
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Aptitude and knowledge of how automobiles work
- Pride of workmanship
- Works with minimum supervision
- Basic math
- Problem solver
- Safe driving record
- Attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Team player
- People skills
This position has no supervision requirements.
This position will require the employee to work both inside and outside of the facility. Inside the facility the employee will be exposed to loud sound involving the operation of vehicle repair equipment and the possible exposure to fumes from toxic chemicals and vehicle exhausts. While outside of the facility, the employee will be exposed to the elements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, kneel, bend, walk, drive, talk, write, type and hear. This position requires the ability to lift supplies and vehicle parts up to 50 pounds
Some overnight out-of-state travel required as training or service requests require
Required Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma
- Good driving record
- Insurable to drive
- Mechanical background a plus
Eagle Chevrolet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, skills, requirements, working conditions etcetera, associated with performing the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise or require new/different tasks, duties, responsibilities and activities be performed as assigned at any time with or without notice.
A Level Technician:
$40,000 – $60,000 per Year depending on experience and qualifications
B Level Technician:
$30,000 – $40,000 per Year depending on experience and qualifications
For more information about this position call Brian Mitchell or Clint Lecher at
You may also email your resume to Office@EagleChevroletBuick.com