Open Rank Extension Educator – Food, Nutrition, and Health (Dawes County)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Do you have the drive to help others create healthier lifestyles for a higher quality of life? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused, comprehensive learning programs in food, nutrition, and health? Nebraska Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the Nebraska Extension team, you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high performing teams to create and deliver world class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Dawes County, Nebraska and serving Box Butte, Dawes, Sioux and Sheridan Counties and statewide. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment. The focus of this position will be food, nutrition and health. This person will teach and coordinate food, nutrition and health programs regionally in Dawes, Box Butte, Sioux and Sheridan Counties that will focus on 1) environments that reduce youth obesity and improve human well-being, 2) a safe and diverse food supply that provides choices for people focused on their health and well-being, and 3) access to affordable and healthy food.
Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and nominations of individuals from underrepresented groups.
- Master’s degree required; one degree in Nutrition and Health Sciences; Nutrition, Exercise and Health Sciences; Dietetics; Nutrition Education; Public Health; or a closely related field. Master’s degree must be completed by start date.
- Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e. publications, presentations, web and social media).
- Registered Dietitian (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Community Health Education Specialist.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in nutrition or health related field.
- Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
- Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
- Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs including grant writing, fund generation, contracting and/or cost recovery efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
Employment-based permanent residency sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
Review of applications will begin August 19, 2022 and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. To view details of the position and create an application, go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_220105. Click “Apply to this job” and complete the information form. Attach 1) a letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job and anticipated contributions; 2) your curriculum vitae; and 3) contact information for three professional references. In addition, within the application, please complete the required supplemental question(s), one specifically about the value you place on diversity and your anticipated contributions to creating inclusive environments in which every person and every interaction matters (see https://ianr.unl.edu/tips-writing-about-commitment-to-deib for guidance in writing this statement).
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.