POSITION TITLE: Mower
REPORTS TO: The Weed Superintendent / Highway Superintendent
The mower is responsible for safely operating a tractor and mower to mow ditches and other areas effectively and efficiently as needed. This is a seasonal full-time position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely mow, watching for obstacles including pedestrians, culverts, bridges, and fences.
- Maintain the mower as needed and required.
- Report all obstacles/items/obstructions that have been destroyed/damages while mowing or maintaining ditches and other areas to your supervisor.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude while dealing with many different personality types with citizens, co-workers, visitors, and the public in a variety of situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be a High School Graduate or GED.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Prefer experience and/or knowledge in operating a new tractor/equipment that has the advanced technology setup and operation systems.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to read maps and follow instructions.
- Must have mechanical skills and abilities.
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Able to work outside during all weather conditions as well as indoors on various occasions.
- Able to walk, stand, kneel, or stoop frequently.
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with citizens, co-workers, visitors, and the public.
- Able to work proficiently with and around hazardous chemicals.
- Able to drive mower forward while looking to the side or behind to see what is being mowed.