Fatal Omaha-Area Fire Blamed On Smoking

     The Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s office says smoking materials were the cause of a house fire south of Omaha early Saturday morning that claimed one life.

Release of the victim’s name is pending notification of family.

      Bellevue firefighters responded to the house in rural Sarpy County just after 4:00 AM Saturday and found it fully engulfed in flames. The body was found after the fire was extinguished.

      The Sarpy County Attorney has ordered an autopsy to determine the cause of death, but investigators determined the fire was accidental and caused by something like a discarded or unattended cigarette.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Related posts