Charges Dropped Against Most Omaha Protesters Posted by John Axtell Date: July 16, 2020 5 Views OMAHA, Neb. (AP) – Most of the 250 people arrested in Omaha during last month’s protests over the death of George Floyd won’t be charged. Those who were arrested were accused of minor offenses that included violating curfew, failure to disperse and unlawful assembly, and City Prosecutor Matt Kuhse declined to file charges in about 75% of them because the suspect didn’t have a criminal history. Of the remaining cases, Kuhse offered diversion to roughly 80% and recommended a $50 fine for the remaining 20%. The decision was made after Kuhse met two weeks ago with the ACLU of Nebraska and a community organizer.