COVID-19 Cancels Ft Rob Post Playhouse For Second YearPosted by John AxtellDate: March 19, 2021319 Views The Fort Robinson Post Playhouse board has cancelled its season for the second year in a row because of the coronavirus pandemic. Producing Artistic Director Tom Ossowski says the board’s unanimous vote came out of concern for the health and safety of the production team, performers, and audience members.Ossowski says the financial health of the Playhouse was also a big factor because there’s no way to know whether, even with vaccinations, how many people would still choose not to attend a show this summer.When the decision was made to cancel last year’s season, Ossowski said the five chosen musicals would be carried over to this year. He’s much more cautious this time about which shows will be offered next year.Ossowski says he and the board were thrilled so many patrons who’d already bought tickets last year said to just transfer that money to this year’s season. It will now go toward next year, but Ossowski says the Playhouse also needs contributions to its annual fund because it’s hard to operate without 2 years of ticket revenue no matter how careful the board has been on cutting costs.Supporters may donate at the Post Playhouse website at postplayhouse.com or by mailing a check to Post Playhouse, c/o Tim Gaswick, PO Box 749, Chadron, NE, 69337. Ossowski says is also exploring programs funded with pandemic recovery funds as possible sources of financial help.