Message Of The Day
• Hazardous travel conditions likely on area highways today. High Wind Warning for 65mph gusts in effect.
• More widespread strong wind event begins tonight through Saturday night.
• Strongest winds during the day Saturday. Wind prone areas may see wind
gusts near 100 mph. Laramie, Rawlins, Cheyenne 70 mph gusts.
Hazards: Extreme Blowoff and Blowover Risk. Especially Saturday. Some
light snow accumulations expected along Interstate 80 from Laramie to
Rawlins could lead to whiteout conditions.
Timing & Duration: Strongest winds and widespread snow accumulations
Midnight Saturday through 5 PM Saturday.
Impacts: Dangerous driving conditions for travelers on Interstate 80 from
Cheyenne to Rawlins and Interstate 25 from Colorado state line to Wheatland. Travel delays and possible road closures.
Be alert for the possibility of dangerous travel conditions late tonight through Saturday night.
• An EXTREME Blowover risk exists along Interstates 25 and 80.
• Wind gusts of 75 to 85 mph will be possible.
• Snow and winter weather conditions are possible along Interstate 80 from Laramie to Rawlins, as well as the Snowy and Sierra Madre Ranges.