Kimball Father Takes Plea Deal In Death Of 7-Month Old Daughter Posted by John Axtell Date: June 02, 2020 7:53 am Leave a comment 8 Views KIMBALL, Neb. – A Kimball man whose March trial for causing the death of his 7-month old daughter a year earlier ended in a hung jury has pleaded guilty in Kimball County District Court to reduced charges. 24-year old Alexander Romero faces up to 40 years in prison when he’s sentenced July 7th on single felony counts of Negligent Child Abuse Resulting in Death and Attempted Intentional Child Abuse. He was originally charged with Intentional Child Abuse Resulting in Death. The jury in the week-long March trial deliberated for more than 10 hours over 2 days before telling the judge they were hopelessly deadlocked and unable to come to a unanimous verdict. Romero’s daughter was unresponsive when she was taken to the Kimball hospital in March of last year and died several days later. He gave police two versions of what happened. In one, he said he placed her on a futon when he went to find his phone and she fell to the floor. In the second version, he said he’d been “playfully running” with her when he tripped and fell. The doctors who examined the girl told investigators her injuries could not have been caused by an accidental fall.