Photo courtesy – Stephanie Baily
SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. (AP) – Scotts Bluff County Attorney Dave Eubanks says the deaths of 2 people whose bodies were found in a vehicle inside a unit at a Scottsbluff-area self-storage facility a week after they disappeared in late February were the result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
Eubanks says the families of 29-year old Beau Gealy and 18-year old Maci Baily were briefed in great detail about the result of the investigation with authorities ready to continue to answer any further questions they have, but no further information will be released publicly because it wasn’t a criminal case.
Eubanks says investigators from the Scottsbluff Police Department and the Scotts Bluff County Sheriff’s Office conducted many interviews and reviewed many videos. They also reviewed well over 1,000 pages of cellular phone and social media records obtain via search warrants and subpoenas from multiple individuals.
The investigators conferred closely with Eubanks’ staff and the attending physician after the results of toxicology done during the autopsies before the team arrived at the finding of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.