The most prestigious awards offered by Better Business Bureau are back and open to applicants. Unlike other awards, the BBB Torch Awards for Ethics focus on demonstrated ethical business practices, rather than a company’s growth, profitability or popularity.
Formerly known as the BBB Integrity Awards, the BBB Torch Awards for Ethics have returned in 2023 to honor businesses and charities located in Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota and Southwest Iowa.
“These awards are a unique spotlight for the integrity-driven organizations in our communities that do the right thing when no one is looking,” said BBB president and CEO Jim Hegarty. “This will be our 26th year highlighting organizations that each of us can be proud of. The BBB Torch Awards for Ethics embodies BBB’s mission of advancing marketplace trust—and we can’t wait to celebrate with all the winners of these important awards.”
Businesses and charities in Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota and Southwest Iowa that have operated under the same ownership for three or more years and have earned at least a “B” rating with BBB, are eligible to apply. Organizations do not need to be BBB Accredited to apply.
Independent panels of judges from the business and philanthropic arenas will select the award recipients. There are no fees associated with applying, those interested can apply online ahead of the application deadline on April 28, 2023. For more information on the award and eligibility, view our FAQ page.
“We believe celebrating the best in our service area makes us all better,” Hegarty said. “Please take this opportunity to honor the work of your team by applying for these awards.”
Benefits for Award Winners:
- Winner recognition in press releases, blog posts, social media, local advertisements and BBB’s website
- Enhanced customer confidence
- Increased employee pride
- A distinct award for display
- Customized promotional materials
- Detailed instructions on advertising the award to your communities and stakeholders
- Torch Awards winner’s logo that can be used on your website and other marketing materials
- Winners’ applications from for-profit and 501(c)(6) organizations will be submitted for the International Torch Awards competition
Note: Only winners’ applications from the charity categories that are BBB Accredited Charities can be entered for the International Torch Awards.
Award Categories Include:
- Businesses with 1-4 employees
- Businesses with 5-10 employees
- Businesses with 11-24 employees
- Businesses with 25-99 employees
- Businesses with 100-349 employees
- Businesses with 350-499 employees
- Businesses with 500+ employees
- Charities with 1-24 employees
- Charities with 25+ employees
ABOUT BBB: BBB is a nonprofit, business-supported organization that sets and upholds high standards for fair and honest business behavior. BBB services to consumers are free. BBB provides objective advice, BBB Business Profiles on more than 5.3 million companies, 11,000 charity reviews, dispute resolution services, alerts and educational information on topics affecting marketplace trust. Visit BBB.org for more information.