The field in the second annual “Coolest Thing Made in Nebraska”
tournament has narrowed to eight products. Round one garnered more than 30,000 votes from across the state.
Public voting for the top eight products in the bracket-style competition will be held Tuesday, September 5, through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, September 10. Manufacturers, students and all Nebraskans are invited to vote for
their favorite product manufactured in Nebraska each week through the month of September at nemanufacturingalliance.com. Each voter is permitted one vote per matchup, per round.
The following Nebraska manufacturers and their products are among the top eight contenders.
- Chocolate Meltaways, Bakers Candies, Greenwood
- Endicott Invisi-Lug Clay Paver, Endicott Clay Products Company, Endicott
- Fire Truck, Danko Emergency Equipment, Snyder
- Flyover Whiskey, Flyover Whiskey, West Point
- Geothermal Greenhouse, Greenhouse in the Snow-Antioch Machine Shop, Alliance
- Ignis, Drone Amplifed, Lincoln
- Ram Air Turbine (RAT) Hub, Collins Aerospace, York
- Rocket Mobility All-Terrain Tracked Wheelchair, Rocket Mobility, Columbus
The contest, hosted by the NE Manufacturing Alliance and powered by the NE Chamber and Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) – together with your local public power utility, celebrates the state’s thriving manufacturing industry with Nebraska residents, students, educators, community leaders, manufacturers and especially, the more than 100,000 Nebraska makers working in manufacturing every day.
The tournament leads Nebraskans into the annual celebration of NE Manufacturing Month this October. The champion will be announced October 10 at the NE Chamber’s Manufacturing Summit in La Vista, where the top 16 finalists are invited to display their products.