Chadron Police Deem Click It Or Ticket SuccessfulPosted by Jeremy AndersonDate: June 19, 2021 10:02 amLeave a comment320 ViewsThe Chadron Police Department was able to raise awareness about seat belt safety to area residents during its annual Click It or Ticket high-visibility seat belt enforcement campaign, held May 24 through June 6.The campaign, which coincided with the Memorial Day holiday, was twofold: to combine increased enforcement and a zero-tolerance policy, with effective communication to road users on the importance of seat belt use.As a result the Chadron PD made contact with 64 drivers over the two week period. Twenty-two were warned for speeding, seventeen for stop sign violations, and twelve for headlight or tail light violations.Three felony arrests, two warrant arrests, and one driving on a suspended license arrest were also made during the enforcement period.“This year’s Click It or Ticket campaign was a real success,” said Sergeant Chelsey Stolley “Through our enforcement efforts, we believe we helped keep community members safe and reminded drivers of the importance of buckling up. Issuing tickets was not our goal, but it was a way to remind people of the importance of such a simple action.”According to the 2020 Nebraska Seat Belt Use Survey report, Nebraska’s overall seat belt usage rate for 2020 was 80.6%. The Click It or Ticket campaign is focusing on the remaining 19.4% who still don’t buckle up. Thousands of lives could be saved each year if every person was properly restrained on the road.